Macbook white won't turn on

Reaction score
Hello
I was trying to relive and old MacBook white (1,1 1181, core duo, 2006). The problem with it was the display, it was white but showed the image if twisted on the corner. But the MacBook worked fine on external display. So I bought new display and memories.

Started with the RAM replacement - changed 512MB for 1G RAM. First it didn't boot, stayed at the white screen...
Then, It went on Kernel Panic.
After that, it turned on sometimes, but white screen.
Then, nothing on screen but frontal LED on, reactive to whatever command was made.
Now, nothing!
No frontal LED, no CAPS light, no BLOQ NUM light... the fan doesn't even start.
Even without any memory installed - no beeping or LED blinking..
Did my logic board go bad, just like that? For replacing a RAM?

In time: on of the slots didn't eject properly, so memory was pulled.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
As something to play around with, a Mac of that vintage is fine if it works already, I would not recommend spending any money on making it work if it wasn't already since it's just too outdated. That machine can't run any recent enough version of the OS which means that you'll have trouble installing any recent software on it unless you have software that is of the same vintage of them machine and OS.

Also, not sure what sort of damage you did when you pulled on the memory slot, but if it doesn't do anything out the memory, the logicboard may have failed and that is just an indication to move on from the machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.