macbook upgrades anytime soon??

Reaction score
I've yet to take the plunge and purchase the white Macbook i've been eyeing off for weeks now, has anyone heard news of a possible upgrade of the macbook range anytime soon??
The thought being i'll hold out if not in the too distant future.

Also, macbook vs Pro...i'm somewhere in between wanting the 2.0 Intel Macbook and the 15" Macbook pro. HELP!!! :dive:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Nobody except for Apple knows about the release dates of new computers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 C2D Black MacBook, Ram = 1gb, 120gb HDD
i have a blackbook, and my mom has a 15 pro. Its really hard to compare. I do photoshop on my computer and its kind of hard, but if you arent going to be using it for that kinda think then the macbook is good for you. i notice only a bit of difference with mine and my moms. and shes gotta 2 gigs of ram where i have one. So all in all its kinda hard to help without knowing what you are going to be using it for. But the macbook is more than enough for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Like spudd said, it really depends on your needs. What do you plan on doing with your laptop?

As for newer revisions coming out. The last update to Apple's notebook line was back in November, which was only 4 months ago. The last major revision before that was around 7 or 8 months when the Macbooks were originally unveiled. So it doesn't look like you should expect anything new to come out for several more months. Even with the release of Leopard, you'll probably only see an incremental update at best.

Now, there HAVE been rumors that we could expect major revisions to the iMac and Macbook Pro lines, but trpnmonkey said, only Apple knows when that's going to happen.

Plus, you really won't be missing out on anything. Be glad that you don't have to worry about being one of those people who bought a G5 iMac or G4 Powerbook 2 weeks before the Intel based Macs were released :bomb:

Reaction score
I do photoshop on my computer and its kind of hard, but if you arent going to be using it for that kinda think then the macbook is good for you. i

photoshop is no indicator, it's still not universal, so it has to run under rosetta, giving you a HUGE preformance hit.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.