Macbook to TV

Reaction score
Hello,
I already tried searching but couldnt find anything so sorry if this question has already come up.
I would like to know if theres a cable out there that connects my macbook to the tv in so that i can see the macbook screen on the tv. i had one for my desktop but it doesnt work for the laptops.
can anyone help me out with a cable that works this magic?
thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.4GHz, 4GB RAM, 7200RPM 200GB
There are a few posts about this, but I'm too lazy to track them down :) What kind of TV do you have? Does it support HDMI, DVI, VGA, RCA ports? Regardless, there should definitely be a way to do so, but I can't say exactly without knowing what ports your TV has.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Depends on your computer.. if you have the macbook it should have a mini-dvi port. You can buy a mini-dvi to video or mini-dvi to dvi cable from apple for like $19... depends on what tv you have and what ports it has. It most likely has video and if its a newer tv it should have dvi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.