MacBook Pro RAM

Reaction score
So I just got one of the new macbook pros and I am looking to upgrade my RAM to 8 gigs and was thinking using this RAM found here from Crucial. Has anyone had any problems with there RAM. Currently the computer has 4 gigs just if you are wondering.

8GB Kit (4GBx2), 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 PC3-10600 upgrades for Apple MacBook Pro 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 (15-inch DDR3) Early-2011 Laptop/Notebook, CT1895128 from Crucial.com

Also, Apple says that the most RAM that the computer can use is 8 gigs but I have heard from other sources that is can support up to 16 gigs can anyone confirm this? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 Mac mini and 2010 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone 4 and iPad
Crucial has a good reputation and I personally use their RAM so I'd recommend them. It will work fine as long as you get the correct frequency RAM (which it looks like you've found).. And yes the early 2011 MBP can support 16GB of RAM but expect to pay quite a bit of money for 2 8GB sticks currently. OWC offers 16GB here.

OP
W
Reaction score
Yeah I figured that was the correct RAM, this MBP is the newly updated one so I have a 15 inch with a 2.2 quad core standard but that was not listed on their site and I figured it used the same RAM as the early 2011 model. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.