Macbook Pro questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Hi everyone. Well after years of using PCs I've made the decision to make the big switch. I'm very excited and am just waiting on the tax return. I'm highly considering the Macbook Pro 13in but I still have a few questions. I've read about people having problems getting dents even with the slightest hit. Has anyone had problems with this? Is the aluminum pretty durable? Do you think the aluminum body is better for heat as far as dissipating heat better? Thanks for your help!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Hi everyone. Well after years of using PCs I've made the decision to make the big switch. I'm very excited and am just waiting on the tax return. I'm highly considering the Macbook Pro 13in but I still have a few questions. I've read about people having problems getting dents even with the slightest hit. Has anyone had problems with this? Is the aluminum pretty durable?

Any laptop computer can incur damage simply due to the mobile/portable nature of a laptop (which I'm sure you already know). So sure...the aluminum MacBooks & MacBook Pros will show damage if they are carefully taken care of.

IMHO...the newer aluminum MacBooks & MacBook Pros are more durable as compared to some older versions (older versions REALLY dented easily).

But if you have made the decision to purchase a Macintosh laptop...you really do not have much choice. Either get an aluminum Macintosh laptop...or get the entry level $999 white polycarbonate MacBook.

Finally...if you really want to keep an aluminum Mac laptop looking like new:

- be very very careful how it's handled
- get a protective sleeve or hard-shell case to protect it.

Hope this helps,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This is my second aluminum MBP the one from 2006 looks just as good as my 2009
they were and are not babied but neither are they abused I will say the new one feels
more solid.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To RichG:

Glad to hear you're getting a refund. I owe them $$ :Angry-Tongue:

Don't be anxious to spend that refund (when it comes) on a MBP just yet. Apple will more than likely be coming out with a newer and better line of MacBook Pro machines sometime in the near future. My guess it that it will be around April or so. It may be sooner ?? Anyway, folks in the know about these things have advised to wait a bit before buying a new MBP.

Your choice of course.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.