Macbook Pro Mid 2014 Hard Freezes and Crashes

Reaction score
So I bought my Macbook about a month ago, and ever since then Ive been having this same issue over and over again. I have tried every solution apple has thrown at me and nothing has seemed to fix it. I have sent it out for a repair, reinstalled the OSX, Cleared the pRam, and various other things. I have not narrowed down the situation myself and cant seem to figure out what is causing these hard freezes and crashes. It always happens randomly at something GPU related it seems. Almost like the video card gets to stressed out at crashes. From scrolling up the page of a website to switching to a different video on youtube, all these little and sometimes big things have caused it to crash. Apple has sent it out for repair and they claimed that they fixed the logic board, but that didn't work because the issue still persists. I have reinstalled the OSX from guidance of a apple care associate over the phone. Ive eliminated almost every possible situation they have given me and nothing seems to fix it. Im not sure if there is a defect in these particular models or I just got a lemon but either way its frustrating. I will post the specs below and provide any other info that is asked.

SPECS:

GPU: Intel Iris Pro

Processor : 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7

Software: OS X 10.9.4

RAM: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
If this computer is only 1 month old…and it has been back to Apple for more than one visit or repair…you just got to keep working with Apple on this.

Keep bringing it back & back & back and back again until it is fixed, stable, and working 100%. If you do this a number of times…and Apple cannot fix it…then usually the process hit's some sort of threshold where they will basically say…"Enough"…and they give you a brand new replacement computer.

It's Apple's responsibility to "make good" on this. There's no way we should get involved…especially since you've been to Apple already for repairs. Just keep plugging away with Apple!:)

Good luck,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.