Macbook Pro LCD replacement - Is this right?

Reaction score
Hi all, first post here.

I have a Mid-2012 Macbook Pro 15", and the screen has a few dead pixels visible, I have tried methods to fix them but I have accepted that they cannot be repaired. The machine is also out of warranty.

I have experience with disassembling Macs, just not the display assembly.
I found this on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/LAPTOP-LCD-SCREEN-FOR-APPLE-MACBOOK-PRO-UNIBODY-A1286-15-4-WXGA-/181134186382?pt=US_Laptop_Screens_LCD_Panels&hash=item2a2c70578e
It seems to be just the LCD panel however I do not know if it will need anything else to install it or if it is of good quality. I would plan on installing that LCD myself.

Please let me know about the part I found, and any advice on replacing LCDs.

Thanks!

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Go to powerbookmedic .com…and verify the part number for your MacBook Pro against the part number mentioned in the eBay listing.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
Hi there.

I have a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013) which I carelessly closed with the cover catch caught in the clamshell... and predictably, punched a hole in the glass substrate. The research I've been able to do indicates replacing 1/2 the computer it seems... pricey. Most of the posts I've seen quote a Model Number (like A1398) or similar, but I can't find that number for mine! Where do I find that please?

I'm in Indonesia at the moment (work here) but should be in Munich within the month. I don't want to get the repair done here as I've had 1 iPad screen replaced here a year or so ago, which didn't go so well. I don't want to repeat that experience. I'm thinking I am better to wait until I'm in Germany and get it done there... thoughts? Is visiting Apple in Munich the best bet for the best repair, or are there better, reputable repair outlets I should consider?

Thanks in advance!

RS

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is visiting Apple in Munich the best bet for the best repair, or are there better, reputable repair outlets I should consider?

This is a no brainer. Take it to an Apple store in Munich and have them do it. Probably not going to be an inexpensive repair though. But at least it will get done right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 MBP 15" i7, 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OS-X 10.7.2; iPhone4 iOS 5.0
Pretty much as I thought chscag, thanks for the reply. Certainly a no-brainer not getting it done here in Indonesia -once bitten etc. Yup, I'm braced for some wallet-shock ;-) Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.