Macbook Pro issue

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently on holiday in Europe and my Macbook Pro has all of the sudden decided to stop working.

Symptoms:
- At first the charger light would dimly flash light green/red at times and the laptop would not turn on.
- The battery was just about empty before trying to charge it.
- Now the adapter stays bright green for a few seconds and then completely turns off with no light on the adapter.
- Laptop doesnt respond to trying to press the power button.
- When the adapter is plugged in, there is a distinct and regular tickingsound

Any thoughts? :(

OP
X
Reaction score
Hi all,
I am currently on holiday in Europe and my Macbook Pro has all of the sudden decided to stop working.

Symptoms:
- At first the charger light would dimly flash light green/red at times and the laptop would not turn on.
- Now the adapter stays bright green for a few seconds and then completely turns off with no light on the adapter.
- When the adapter is plugged in, there is a distinct and regular tickingsound

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi all,

Symptoms:
- When the adapter is plugged in, there is a distinct and regular ticking sound

Just for starters, where are you in Europe? What electric outlets are available and have you tried the adapter on several? Did the adapter work properly before your holiday? Is your battery completely exhausted since the adapter does not appear to be working.

Please provide the information above - I suspect the adapter is at fault unless a change to another electrical outlet works? Are you in a location w/ a store selling a new adapter? Dave :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Are you using a plug converter/adapter? These are often badly made, particularly cheap ones (and we all like a bargain ;) ) ... might be as simple as that, and a first thing I would check.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It could be your battery has failed or the MagSafe Adapter Charger has failed. If you're near an authorized Apple service center or Apple Store, you can have them check it out for you.

Edit: To the OP: Please do not cross post or double post. Only post to one forum.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.