MacBook Pro Flashing Logon Screen After Loading To Half Way.

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a MacBook Pro 13" Early - 2015 Retina Display.

After the newest update through Apple Computers.
I have realised after I have logged on and loads to half way. The screen just blacks out and every few seconds flashes the logon screen.
So basically I open up my computer. I log onto my account. When the bar loads to half way it just blacks out. The screens turns into a really dark blue, pretty close to black. Then it starts flashing the logon screen every few seconds. The logon screen looks like its frozen and its just a picture just flashing. Then it just repeats it on and on and doesn't do anything. I left it there for around a hour, but it still continuously does that.

Also this may be a warning to the people with Apple Laptops. Either it affected or unaffected you after the update.

It would be a life saver if someone could help me solve this problem as school is just around the corner. This laptop has all of my notes and programs for school. And if I was go use another computer, it would take many hours to install all of the programs and I don't really want this since this is a really old laptop.

-Kelvin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
If you can get into Recovery Mode which chas_m suggested and have a Time Machine backup, you can roll it back to before the update. With no backup the only other suggestion is to reinstall OS X.

If nothing works I would be calling Apple. If you have an apple store close by make an appointment at the Genius bar.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.