Macbook Pro crashes on boot - help, please

Reaction score
I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro 15. When it boots it crashes to a partially black screen with white text,. I guess its a kernal panic. Below is a screen shot of what it looks like when it crashes. kernalpaniccrash.jpg . I have tried new memory. No change. Resetting NVRAM, and SMC do not help. I need to know if I need to pursue a new logic board?

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

If possible, copy the complete kernel panic log entry to your clipboard and then paste it here for us to look over. What you posted is not enough to try to determine what's wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 32GB i7 3TB & 1TB NVME OSX 13,5,1 late 2013
I know the MacBook Pro of 2011 15" models can have a defective GPU

and this may be the reason you getting a kernel panic on boot,

and was quite a common problem on them from memory,

so if you cant get past this then your likely looking at another logic board and then again it will only happen again in time.

if you have a USB of OSX high Sierra try booting it and see if you can check the hard drive ?

another option here is to boot up and run the AHT im not saying it will throw up anything as I had a MacBook Pro run apple AHT and detect no issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.