Macbook Pro 15 512gb vs 1tb

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking to get a new macbook pro 15. I've heard that the 1tb memory is faster than the 512gb memory - is this true? I don't see how the storage size increase could impact the speed. Thus, I'm wondering whether I should drop the extra 450 bucks to pay for the 1tb storage if I truly want the fastest machine out there, or if the 512gb storage will be the same speed. Also, if it is true that the 1tb storage is faster, how much faster is it in comparison to the 2.5ghz to 2.8ghz processor upgrade? Cost isn't TOO much of an issue, but I'd prefer to have less storage if it means I'm still capable of maintaining the fastest possible machine.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I've heard that the 1tb memory is faster than the 512gb memory - is this true? I don't see how the storage size increase could impact the speed.

Unless there's data to support this…then it's just "Garbage Tech-Talk". Make your decision based on data…not rumors.:)

- Nick

OP
C
Reaction score
Unless there's data to support this…then it's just "Garbage Tech-Talk". Make your decision based on data…not rumors.:)

- Nick

Yeah that's why I was hesitant to believe this.. is there anyone who could post read/write speeds of 512gb vs 1tb mbps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.