Macbook or Macbook Pro

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
hello,

I know this has been asked several times, but i am still unsure.

I am a windows user and have never entered the mac world, though i do have ubuntu running on one of my computers.

I am an experienced computer user, studying computer systems security. Im after a laptop that i can take around everywhere with me and use it for both work and leisure (not games)

I have been looking at both the macbook, and macbook pro... but i seem to prefer the normal macbook as its smaller and i think it looks nicer.

*What is better about the macbook apart from spec?
*does battery life differ between the two?
*is the normal macbook powerful and perfectly adequate for what i want?

I will be interested in using parralels, bootcamp and big applications like photoshop, dreamweaver etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.33 GHz, 2Gb
*What is better about the macbook apart from spec?

Um, isn't that the only thing that's different really? Otherwise they'd be the same laptop.

Besides that, what made me pick the Pro was the dedicated video card/memory and the screen size. If you prefer a smaller laptop, and you don't plan on playing any intensive games, I'd think a Macbook would be fine.

Take a look at the specs and consider a PC with those, and you more or less know what you'd have with Boot Camp. Parallels of course is different since that's running on top of OS X so resources are going to be less.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Yes, the specs. But the size difference...even with the 15" MBP that's quite a bit of laptop to lug about. The Macbook is quite nice to tote.

As to screen size I'm one who likes to have the biggest monitor that I can afford at the highest resolution it can display, and while I have the adapter that allows me to span to my huge external monitor while I'm at my desk I rarely use it. The internal screen is perfect for some reason.

Oh, sure I'll use the external monitor if I'm doing Photoshop work and certain audio editing tasks but the vast majority of the time my big monitor remains dark.

I really like the size of my Macbook. And it plays a few games too.

Hey, this is like the third thread I've responded to that you've posted!

Well, there's nothing wrong with that, but then I guess this is a pretty big decision.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2GHz, 512M RAM, 60GB HDD
I'd go with the Pro if you've got the extra cash, bit more solid build quality and higher specs, but like previous posts have suggested, if you don't need anything higher then go for a 13" macbook, portable, relatively powerful with the new cpus and look sexy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16ghz Core Duo | 1GB RAM | 100 GB HDD | 256MB ATI RADEON x1600
Two of the main differences you should consider when deciding to purchase either the MacBook Pro or MacBook is the size and video card. If you like a large screen, or use programs that use a significant amount of video ram, go for the MacBook Pro. If not, get the MacBook, you will save yourself money.

The MacBook Pro also has other "perks" tied to it that you might like, such as the backlit keyboard and dual layer dvd burner.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.