MacBook only boots to a blue screen with spinning wheel and courser.

Reaction score
Sorry for my spelling first off.

I recently got this MacBook (4,1) White & I guess while I was clearing things out I deleted something from the OS x. I am guessing. I've done everything I could find.

. fsck_hfs -r dev/disk0s2
. fsck -yf
. booting in safe mode
. booting with command + v
. of course command + s

there's a few more but I don't remember. BUT every time I restart it just goes to he flashing blue screen with courser & wheel thing.

Another problem I don't have the OS x disks But I've been trying to find one on eBay.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP IF THERE'S ANY WAY TO RESET TO OSX BACK OR SOMETHING.

THANK YOU.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You need an install DVD in order to get things running again. Your MacBook originally came with Leopard installed. Leopard retail DVDs are hard to find and expensive when you do find one. I suggest instead buying a Snow Leopard retail DVD direct from Apple. That will only cost $29.99.

OP
E
Reaction score
Thanks.

I've actually figured that out. Just wanted to find out if there was anything else I could do before I pay $31.32 lol.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.