Macbook Fan Problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz MacBook '07, 1.83 GHz Mac Mini '06, 700MHz Emac 2003, 400MHz Imac 2001
Hello all, I have a little problem.
Ever since I bought my Macbook in 2007 (GMA X3100 2.0 GHz Model), I have had problems with an extremely noisy fan. Even when the computer is playing basic games, the fan is often rotating at 6000+RPM. Not only that, but the CPU and the Northbridge and very hot. Along with the Airport card, they tend to rise over 60ºC.
The sound is very annoying and i'm worried about the state of my laptop. Does anybody have any advice?
PS, it's not a problem with overcrowding of the HDD or a running printer.:Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
keep your laptop on a ventilated surface...
Those temps are not extreme if you are playing games, even basic games.
You will find many threads on temps here.
You can use smc fan control to raise the speed a little from the 1800 default speed if you want to avoid the temps spiraling.
Also, the room temp will effect the mac temps, as well as multiple applications, skype video, and the list goes on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
This is while having nothing running (it's just a warm day).

Adding to that.. are you in a dusty environment? If so, you may want to clean out you fan, and vent.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.