Macbook Display flickering and weird colors

Reaction score
Hello,

My macbook display is showing weird colors with a glow around window borders. The screen is also flickering. My laptop was just sitting on my desk looked normal and then all of a sudden everything looked bad.

I tried doing the restart holding command, option, R and P but this did not change anything. When hooked up to an external monitor it looks normal.

Here is what it currently looks like:

Screen Shot 2019-03-07 at 12.19.43 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to our forums.

Your screen shot image did not upload, however, it sounds like you're experiencing display problems with your Mac. Since you did not give us any information regarding your Mac (model, year, version of macOS) we can only go on the assumption that the display cables may be loose or defective. Since things are normal from an external monitor, that may be the problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
If the "glow" you refer to is the shading that surrounds, for example, the window in your picture that is the Attachment Management for the website, that is normal. It is an indicator to the user of what window has the "focus" of the system, i.e., where the input is going to go if you were to type, for example. When multiple windows are open, the window that has the "focus" has that highlight. It's normal and part of the OS.

Reaction score
In the event that the "gleam" you allude to is the shading that encompasses, for instance, the window in your image that is the Attachment Management for the site, that is ordinary. It is a marker to the client of what window has the "center" of the framework, i.e., where the info will go if you somehow managed to type, for instance. At the point when numerous windows are open, the window that has the "center" has that feature. It's ordinary and part of the OS.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Which Mac Book are you referring to? There is a world of difference between the models even if you are just referring to the 12" Mac Book.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.