MacBook crashed several times, flickering screen in safe mode

Reaction score
My MacBook (details attached) crashed several times (while using some applications or trying to login into my account). The last crash report is attached. I restarted in safe mode, logged in but the screen was flickering (black screen, then desktop wallpaper etc). I restarted again in usual mode, after which few more crashes followed. Also laptop was quite warm. At the moment it functions, but I'd like to know, if possible, what's the reason of crashes and is there a way to prevent it.

Thanks.

Attachments

• mac_details.png
    mac_details.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 23
  • last_report.jpg
    last_report.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 24
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately, your two screen images don't really tell us anything about the crash. If you open Console (Find it in your home folder, Utilities) you should be able to see the full crash report. Extract that and post it here and maybe we can isolate something for you.

Also, if the machine was running find and started crashing, what changed? Did you install or reconfigure something?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
At the moment it functions, but I'd like to know, if possible, what's the reason of crashes and is there a way to prevent it.

As Jake stated, the crash report you enclosed tells us nothing.

Is this what you saw when your MacBook Pro crashed?

If so, include the entire Kernel Panic report. kernel panic.jpeg

OP
C
Reaction score
I attach two recent crash reports.

@chscag, the message that I usually see is "Your computer restarted because of a problem. Press a key or wait a few seconds to continue starting up."

@Jake, I did not install or reconfigured anything.

Thanks a lot. Can send more reports.

Attachments

• Recent Crash Report.pdf
    92.1 KB · Views: 20
  • Recent Crash Report 2.pdf
    37.2 KB · Views: 25
OP
C
Reaction score
P.S.: some additional information, though I am not an expert and do not know if it is related to the crash problem.

Some months ago I have upgraded MacOS to Big Sur. I use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to connect to the VPN. After system upgrade cisco system extension was blocked (see screenshot). The problem is that the extension does not appear in system preferences, so I cannot change them. With this however, I could still connect to the VPN and no crashes occurred except recently.

Thanks.

Attachments

• cisco message.png
    cisco message.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 18
OP
C
Reaction score
P.S.#2: could it be related to the graphic unit? There was a graphic error on the laptop screen with external hdmi monitor connected (photo 1) and without (photo 2).

Thanks.

Attachments

• photo_1.jpg
    photo_1.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 16
  • photo_2.jpg
    photo_2.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 16

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears the errors depicted in the crash reports involve bad kernel address access. Other than that, it doesn't tell us much.

Some months ago I have upgraded MacOS to Big Sur. I use Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client to connect to the VPN. After system upgrade cisco system extension was blocked (see screenshot). The problem is that the extension does not appear in system preferences, so I cannot change them. With this however, I could still connect to the VPN and no crashes occurred except recently.

This could be the reason but I honestly do not know if it's the culprit.

OP
C
Reaction score
It appears the errors depicted in the crash reports involve bad kernel address access. Other than that, it doesn't tell us much.

This could be the reason but I honestly do not know if it's the culprit.

Ok, thanks for the time invested

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.