MacBook Computer acting weird

Reaction score
I have a 2010 Macbook and everything has been working fine. Over the last week the trackpad has basically not worked. Even when I attach a mouse, the size of the screen will increase, If I type in a document the dictionary will start looking up words. The screen goes back and forth to dashboard.
I've upgraded to Yosemite but the problems persist. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

C

chas_m

I have a 2010 Macbook and everything has been working fine. Over the last week the trackpad has basically not worked. Even when I attach a mouse, the size of the screen will increase, If I type in a document the dictionary will start looking up words. The screen goes back and forth to dashboard.

I've upgraded to Yosemite but the problems persist. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

You are accidentally right-clicking (mouse) and/or tapping it (trackpad). Set your trackpad preferences. Then connect your mouse, and set your mouse preferences.

OP
B
Reaction score
Macbook acting weird

You are accidentally right-clicking (mouse) and/or tapping it (trackpad). Set your trackpad preferences. Then connect your mouse, and set your mouse preferences.

I tried that. It works fine for the first 10 minutes that I use the computer, then it won't track properly.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Open up your MacBook and check the physical condition of your battery. When a battery begins to swell it causes the symptoms you described since the swelling pushes up on the trackpad. If you see any swelling at all, change the battery out, do not wait or damage may occur.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.