Macbook can't run software

Reaction score
I am trying to run a language program (to learn german) on my macbook 13" 2011. All my adobe programs work perfectly without quitting unexpectedly. This language software is for Mac and PC. and it quits unexpectedly right at the beginning. Also after trying many times at different times I got like 3 different messages. One said "Super talk Error Number 41: Never heard of that function". ?? I tried running the program on my old mac desktop Power PC G4 and works great! But I can't carry it with me! This old one has much less ram and a processor of 400 mhz. The macbook has 2.4 Ghz. It has different graphics card. The old one has APG GRAPHICS the macbook has Intel HD. But anyway I don't think that really matters. What could the problem be. I don't know if I am in the correct forum to ask. But since it is not a software problem, it has to do with my Macbook, bc I tried it in different computers, mac and pc and the programs works good on those computers.

OP
S
Reaction score
Never mind people. I think it has to do with the OS. The software doesn't work with Lion but it does work with older OS. They forgot to put this very important info on the package.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
PowerPC applications cannot run on anything later than Lion OS X.7.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Harry meant to say PowerPC applications can not run on anything later than Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

OP
S
Reaction score
the package where this computer software came (called Instant Immersion German) only mentioned for Mac and PC but it didn't specify anything. So I couldn't have known.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Contact the developer and ask if they have an updated version that works on Intel Macs. Otherwise, ask them for a refund and return the software since you can't use it, unless you want to keep it to run on your old G4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
It doesn't 'suck'. it is progress and the developer should state this on System preferences. Shoot them a stern complaint.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.