MacBook and Possible virus

Reaction score
last night i was using my Macbook on the internet without any problems. Today when i go to use it everything and i mean everthing is taking way to long. what is to long oh 30 seconds or so for a simple file to open, it takes at least 2 minutes to boot up. I click on finder it takes about 15seconds for it to open. I try to close finder and it takes even longer. There are many other issues like this which taken even longer " minutes"when it should happen in a sec or so. and Itunes wont even open.

Oh yea using the internet on the Mac is impossible now. Im using my Desktop

Ive already emptied the cache and cookies. nothing has helped yet

I KNow as we have all heared "Mac's can't get a virus". well I think I may have one

Oh yea im getting that small spining multi colored disk a lot, The thing that means its trying to find or do what ever you just asked for, and its there for a long time

CAN ANYONE HELP ??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
You don't have a virus. Your HDD might be about to fail, or you might need to repair your permissions. Open Disk Utility and run a permissions repair. Also, how much free space do you have on your HDD? If it's less than 15%, that'd explain it too.

Stop freaking out. You are not running Windows. You do NOT have a virus. Your symptoms are typical of the things I just mentioned above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.