MacBook Air Relative Sizes

Reaction score
Hi! I just lucked into a near-new 13" Mac Air. I'm trying to buy a proper cover for it.

The covers I'm finding online (eBay and the dreaded Amazon) are very specific as to what they'll fit. I have an A1932. The A1931 came out the same year. Does that mean the same size cover will work for either?

The selection for A1931s is endless. The choices for A1932s are really limited.

Some covers are listed as fitting Airs from 2018-2020, which should include this one. But when it comes to ordering, the selection in the pulldown doesn't include the 1932 - only the 1931.

Returns are such a pain. I very much hope to buy the right cover the first time. All wisdom appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm looking at Mactracker and it does not show a model A1931, only model A1932 which refers to both the 2018 and 2019 13" Retina MacBook Air. Previous model was an A1466 released in 2017.

Go to this Apple Support Page and identify your model MacBook Air. At the same time it will give you measurements and specs so you can choose the right fit for a cover/case.

I personally recommend using Amazon rather than eBay. Amazon has easy returns and a much safer place to purchase items from.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Returns are such a pain. I very much hope to buy the right cover the first time. All wisdom appreciated!

Ask the seller, and confirm you are ordering the right cover for the right Mac model.

I have no idea why you would be averse to buying from Amazon as you normally get better protection and options when doing so.

- Patrick
=======

OP
EternalNewbie
Reaction score
I'm looking at Mactracker and it does not show a model A1931, only model A1932 which refers to both the 2018 and 2019 13" Retina MacBook Air. Previous model was an A1466 released in 2017.

Go to this Apple Support Page and identify your model MacBook Air. At the same time it will give you measurements and specs so you can choose the right fit for a cover/case.

I personally recommend using Amazon rather than eBay. Amazon has easy returns and a much safer place to purchase items from.

Weird. I wonder why both eBay, Amazon, and Etsy have listings for the A1931.

But: you have made my day! The measurements for the 2018 and the 2019 are bang-on identical! I can buy from one of the sellers who have the 2018 listed, rather then the A19-whatever.

I am so pleased, thank you!

OP
EternalNewbie
Reaction score
Ask the seller, and confirm you are ordering the right cover for the right Mac model.

I have no idea why you would be averse to buying from Amazon as you normally get better protection and options when doing so.

- Patrick
=======

Hi Patrick! Thanks so much. I did in fact ping one of the sellers for confirmation.

I avoid Amazon for political reasons. Lucky so far on eBay: more than 20 years as buyer and seller, and never a problem! This time I'll be buying from Etsy, where likewise my experience has been trouble-free.

Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.