MacBook Air discount

Reaction score
I see the MacBook Air for 900 pounds in UK, what would you do? Wait for the new one or take this one?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
New Macs should be announced this Summer. Not sure a new MBA will be on the agenda but my advice is wait if you can. The world wide shortage of chips is not helping so there may be delays for all new Macs as well as for PCs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
The current M1 MacBookAir has only been out since last November, so probably not due for a new model.

OP
C
Reaction score
New Macs should be announced this Summer. Not sure a new MBA will be on the agenda but my advice is wait if you can. The world wide shortage of chips is not helping so there may be delays for all new Macs as well as for PCs.
The shortage won't affect what's in the store already, only for new models, but thanks for the reminder :)

OP
C
Reaction score
The current M1 MacBookAir has only been out since last November, so probably not due for a new model.
Also the MacBook Pro, as well for the iPhone... I knew that Apple releases new devices every year...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I knew that Apple releases new devices every year.
Not necessarily. Some devices go multiple years between refreshes. If you mean that Apple, as a company, releases new devices every year, that is true, but not every device gets updated every year.

OP
C
Reaction score
On tomshardware, I've just read that we'll see a new MacBook Pro and new MacBook Air.
But they are not sure if it will have a new CPU/GPU.
To be honest, for the performance I've seen with the M1, I don't think it's necessary an imminent improvement :D .
Instead, there were interesting things like more ports, probably additional displays supported etc...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
You will learn that nobody actually knows what Apple will do until Apple announces it. Lots of speculation/thinking/guessing, but somehow Apple surprises most of the time. So, the advice is to take what tomshardware, or any website, says with a large grain of salt.

Reaction score
I see the MacBook Air for 900 pounds in UK, what would you do? Wait for the new one or take this one?

Here is a Web page that estimates when a new Macbook Air will be released based on past releases, and which curates all rumors about new Macbook Air models:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.