Macbook 3GB Compatiblity?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Depending on when in 2007 you bought your Macbook, you may be able to upgrade all the way to 4GB. What is the speed of your processor? That could help determine whether or not your machine is capable of taking that much memory.

However, I can tell you for a fact that your Macbook definitely supports 3GB of RAM, and coming from 1GB, yes, you will most definitely benefit from the boost (this is even more true if you're running Leopard).

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Just go to crucial and have it scan your system. It should tell you what your max RAM is and then you can decide from there. It also recommends RAM for you as well.

OP
M
Reaction score
Depending on when in 2007 you bought your Macbook, you may be able to upgrade all the way to 4GB. What is the speed of your processor? That could help determine whether or not your machine is capable of taking that much memory.

However, I can tell you for a fact that your Macbook definitely supports 3GB of RAM, and coming from 1GB, yes, you will most definitely benefit from the boost (this is even more true if you're running Leopard).

Yes my Macbook is running Leopard:D. My Macbook has 2.0Ghz, 1GB of memory, 80 Gbs of Hard Drive space and 667mhz front-side bus. From what I know, Macbooks of this year run on 800 mhz front-side bus? My girlfriend has the 08 model, mine was purchased last year on October. If anything, I'll pick up the OCZ ram I displayed in my first post. I hear OCZ is not having much problems with Mac machines, so I hear anyways lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (Mid-2007, 10.5.8) + MacBook Pro (Late-2008, 10.9) - See Signature
From your specs you have a low-end mid 2007 model which can run up to 3GB of RAM.. You can put in two 2GB RAM modules but only up to 3.25GB will be usable so you'll wasting one the 2GB memory modules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
Just go for 2x 2 GB like empty_noise said.
Ram is very inexpensive at the moment!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.