• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac'09 Pro - Help?!

Reaction score
I have inherited a Mac'09 Pro. Good news.
Very used to using PC. Not so good news.
There's a massive disconnect of knowledge seeking to be au fait with it as older software, not always easy to find, then making it work, due to missing software protocols that would not know about makes it challenging.
It's a good machine.
I got iLife11 on it so seeking to edit video. Although no manual or help file. Bad news.
Found old discs of photo software, but needs these 'missing legacy softwares'. Bad news.
Like you need to be a rocket scientist to do some of these things!...
I am confident you find stuff easily when you know where to look. I don't know where to look.
Helpful pointers greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Retina mid 2015 15.4" 16GB 2.5 GHz OS Monterey; iPhone 12 128gb; iPad Mini 5, 64gb
Videos here (two parts) of a complete rebuild. YouTube

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have inherited a Mac'09 Pro.

Please clarify if this a 2009 Mac Pro desktop computer...or a 2009 MacBook Pro portable computer.

Personally with the info given I would assume it's a 2009 Mac Pro desktop...but in some cases users incorrectly call MacBook Pro's (laptop) a "Mac Pro".

Thanks,:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.