Mac:Word 2004 crashes when printing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook white, 2.0 Intel Core 2 Duo Pro, 2 GB RAM, 13" screen
Hi everyone,

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I am having a problem with Word for Mac:2004. Every time I go to print, it crashes immediately. This is a new problem as of the last 2 weeks or so.

To fix it, I have already tried:

Here is the error window.

attachment.php

I also have the looong error text, if someone wants me to post it, I will.

I really need to fix this ASAP, as I need to use this to get work done for a client.

I'm not interested in Neo or Open office as I have tried them both and they crashed on me constantly, no matter what I did. :(

TIA!

Attachments

• Picture 14.png
    Picture 14.png
    34.5 KB · Views: 13
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Have you changed your printer in the last 2 weeks, or installed more fonts

When does the crash occur, before you get to the print dialogue, or as, or after you press the print button?

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you changed your printer in the last 2 weeks, or installed more fonts

When does the crash occur, before you get to the print dialogue, or as, or after you press the print button?

Thank you for the fast reponse! :)

After I press print, there is a pause, then I get the crash message.

I have changed printers, it's a laptop and I use it at a friends house sometimes.

I have not installed more fonts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just out of interest

What happens if you press Preview rather than Print

That will not necessarily fix the problem but may get around it for now

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can preview. In preview mode, if I hit print, it tells me that it could not detect a printer and that I should check the "print center". Don't know what that is supposed to mean. :) However, in my system preferences, my printer shows up, as does Flash Paper.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sounds like a printer issue. Try downloading and reinstalling the printer software (What printer is it)

Did you select your correct printer when you tried to print from the Preview application

BTW the print centre is in Applications > Utilities if you need to open it and see if it can see your printer and troubleshoot it

OP
rcronin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Problem Solved.

Just when I was about to uninstall and reinstall Word and about 5 minutes after I got done looking at NeoOffice for the 10th time, it started working again.

Because I could print in other programs just fine, I didn't think it was a system problem. Just for hahaha's, I went into my System Preferences and deleted that printer. Then I went in to Firefox plugged in the printer and tried to print. It automatically added the printer back in and printed fine. Then I tried it in Word and voila, printed right off. Yeah! I made a sweet little PDF that I had been fighting with for days.

All fixed up.

So the solution was to delete the printer in System Prefs, hook it up physically and hit print. Too easy to have tried it first. :Smirk:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.