mac screen view problem

Reaction score
something happen on my imac (OS 5.) to increase the size of everything I see on my screen by at least 4x - now all desktop icons are large and overlapping and any document I open, I see only about 1/4 of what would normally be a full page, I have to drag it around to see the rest of the page. I have been unable to find anything in the "help" menu.How do I reduce the size of what is being displayed. I have found no info in the "help" menus. How can I set my screen view back to normal?

thanks'
Bill

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Open the Universal Access preference pane and click the "Seeing" tab. Check to see if Zoom is on. If so, turn it off. There is a keyboard combination for this but I can never remember it.

OP
B
Reaction score
I checked the "seeing" tab - the zoom is "off". changing it to "on" and chaging the adjustments doesn't have any effect.

Bill

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
check your system preferences>displays

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Open the Displays preference pane and check the settings for the monitor that is giving you a problem. Check the selected resolution. The smaller the number here the larger everything appears. Thus icons displayed at 640 x 480 appear larger than the same icons at 1024 x 768 or higher.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.