Mac Pro won't go to sleep automatically

Reaction score
I have set the Energy Saver option to 10 minutes for both display and computer. However, after 10 minutes of inactivity, only the display goes to sleep. How do I fix this?

Mac Pro with 10.4.9 purchased new in March 07.

Reaction score
I have this same exact problem. My Mac Pro always went to sleep fine, and i changed the setting once so it wouldnt sleep at all, and now after i change it back to about 10min, it never wants to sleep...regardless of what i change it to. Anyone know how to fix this?

Mac Pro with 10.4.9 purchased in May

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPC2D
Dave, I have researched this through several forums and in Apple Support and you are the first to describe exactly the actions that have caused my MBP to not automatically go to sleep. Interestingly, I have moved the settings and it will sometimes go to sleep on its own Have you had any luck with the issue? The Apple Support forums are saying it could be Parallels, the PMC? may need resetting, etc, but I have not found a definitive answer. - Matt

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Never had a problem with mine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBPC2D
The problem seems to be isolated to the Macbooks and MacBook Pro's.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
The problem seems to be isolated to the Macbooks and MacBook Pro's.

Yet two people are posting that they are having problems with the Mac Pro.

Update to 10.4.10 and make you have the latest firmware updates.

Reaction score
Mine has/had this problem too. When I uninstalled the Last.FM client it slept like it should -- when I reinstalled I had to force sleep it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.