Mac pro help needed

Reaction score
Hi all. I have recently noticed some annoying changes with my mac pro.

1. Wake for network access seems to always be turned on, causing my mac to fire-up in the middle of the night (I don't know if this is apple checking I am up-to-date with everything or collecting data or what) and often stays on until the morning. I switch it off in prefs, but every time I run a security update etc. it is switched back on. It wastes electricity and is completely unnecessary.

2. My drives are always asleep now when not in use, like energy saving drives (I didn't get green drives to avoid this problem). I have 4 internal drives and it seems that every time I am working and go to save on my work drive, it takes time to boot up now, which sometimes causes a crash in PS.

Anyone experiencing similar problems or know a fix?

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 Xeon 6gb DDR2 1TB OSX Server
To answer #2 I see this happen on all my machines even if I'm using my computers (windows/mac/linux). If the drive is not being accessed it will take the 'system' idle time and shut itself off. It's kind of like a double edged sword if you want your machine to idle after 2 hrs but if you don't use a drive for 2hrs it'll power down the drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.