Mac - PDF files

Reaction score
Hoping someone can help me with this. I am trying to email a PDF file and this is the message I keep getting when I open the email with the PDF attachment. I just need my tenant to be able to open the file doesn’t matter if it’s PDF format or not they just need to be able to open it and print it. Hoping someone can help

Attachments

• ED513800-A148-45A3-ABFF-05473BFD4E54.png
    ED513800-A148-45A3-ABFF-05473BFD4E54.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 23
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It looks as if you are using iOS, not macOS? Where are you accessing the file from? iCloud, Dropbox, or somewhere else?

OP
M
Reaction score
It looks as if you are using iOS, not macOS? Where are you accessing the file from? iCloud, Dropbox, or somewhere else?
It’s also doing the same thing when opening it on my MacBook. Any solutions. So frustrating

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
How did you create this pdf file?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
If you are trying to open the file from an email someone sent you, then the issue may have happened before you received it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Can you just tell your tenant to go where you got the document from and download it themselves from there? Or did you actually download some document, then use Adobe on your Mac to create the pdf? Is this document actually open to be used by you? (I ask that because if it is some sort of legal document and you downloaded it from a legal website on the internet but didn't pay any fees that the provider asked for, it may be that the document is somehow protected from being re-used. I'm not saying you pirated the document, I'm just saying that not all documents from legal services websites are "free" for you to use just because they can be downloaded.)

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Let me see if I've got this straight. You received this document as an attachment in an email but you can't open it.
You then say, "I opened the file with Adobe on my MacBook. It’s a document from the internet."
So I'm a bit confused.
What I can say is that I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC available free from Adobe from here; Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Install for all versions
This is the only fully functional free app for reading PDF's and if you have that and it cannot open your file then there is something wrong with the file.
The catch is the person you are sending the document to will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC to open the attached document.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.