MAC OS 10.2.8 Crash ****!

S

skwame

My power mac G4 800 recently crashed(spinning wheel) whilst using VLAN. I forced quit VLAN but was left with the spinning wheel in finder which i could not force quit. I left it for a while to sort itself out but no joy after about 10mins so I manually shut the unit down.
With the unit now off, I attempted a reboot. It took longer than usual and after it eventually booted the screen kept flicking to a plain blue screen and then back to the desktop screen at about 2 second intervals.

If fast enough it allowed me to enter the menu bar at the top but none of the functions responded. For example I attempted a proper restart and shutdown neither of which responded.

I have since attempted a re-install and archive of os x but unfortunately the problem still persists, only this time, after booting it flicks out to the log in screen (as if i just logged out!).

I also tried booting from safe mode nut still the same problems exists!

This information may shed some light: I have also recently installed a pioneer dvr-107.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
If you can get it stable run repair permissions. Have you had cron tasks run?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
When you are booting up the computer hold down the Apple key and S so that it will boot in single user mode

when that is done loading (you will be able to tell all the text will stop loading)

type this in

/sbin/fsck -y
and hit enter

if it repairs things then do it again and make sure it says the HD is OK

that should help
when it is done type in reboot and it will start up the computer again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.