mac mini starts to copy from mac book air automatically

nish87uae

Reaction score
I switched on both mac mini and mac book air at the same time for the first time and in the mac mini's screen I saw a message saying copying from mac book air (few GBs). It happened without any user input and it didn't show what is being copied or anything like that. It had a cancel button only.

After few hours I switched on both again and same thing started to happen.

Any idea why this happens and how can I stop it ? TIA

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Welcome to the forum.

Which Mini, which MBA, what version of the os on each one and are either of them new?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
Do you have sharing turned on? System Preferences/Sharing is where to see what you are sharing on each system. It shouldn't just start copying, but if sharing is on and the two machine see each other in the network, that could be part of it. Also, do you use the same AppleID on both and do you store the Desktop/Documents in iCloud on them? Again, if the account for AppleID is the same and if the two systems have the same username/password, it is possible the "sharing" is through the AppleID account.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Also look in System Preferences > Software Update > Advanced.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.