Mac Mail pfroblem

Reaction score
All of a sudden I am having a problem with my Mac Mail. When messages arrive they don't go to the in box but directly to the trash. I can look at the trash file and drag the messages to the in box bt that is an annoyinng extra step. I have tried countless fixes but none have solved the problem. Suggestions will be appreciated

Thank you

Poppi

krs

Reaction score
Not much info to go on.
First thing I would do is rebuild and reindex the mailbox if you haven't done so already.

But I think it would help a lot if you told us what "countless fixes" you have already tried.

OP
P
Reaction score
Not much info to go on.
First thing I would do is rebuild and reindex the mailbox if you haven't done so already.

But I think it would help a lot if you told us what "countless fixes" you have already tried.
Thank you for your prompt reply KRS. Please forgive my lack of detail I am completely baffled by all of this. I DID rebuild both the in box and the trash box including a second time after your suggestion but am still getting mail delivered to my trash box. These are not junk mails but from family and known senders including test messages from me.

I get mail through yahoo and i cloud and both have the same problem. I have tried altering filters but I have none. By the way I am getting mails in the junk box, all of which are in fact junk. That is a mystery because I have my junk instructions set to identify as junk but send to my in box. I have never been able to correct that.

Hope this helps and thanks again

poppi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.