mac mail links

Reaction score
links in mac mail messages do not work. the links in messages do not work and I have not done anything new to my setup.?

M

MacInWin

I'd ask you to read the link in my sig and repost with more information, but you say links don't work. We need a lot more information from you. What is your setup? Hardware/software/third party software? What version OS X?

OP
B
Reaction score
Hello I am running Mavericks OSX 10.9.5 on a mac mini with 16 gigs mem and a 2.3 I7 processor. I use safari and google for browsers and i have norton internet security.

M

MacInWin

I would start by uninstalling Norton. You don't need it, there are no viruses for OS X at this point. Norton is horribly inefficient and wasteful of your machine. Don't just delete it, you'll need to uninstall it. I'm not sure the exact steps, but if you search this site, I seem to recall there have been a couple of times someone has pointed to the uninstall process.

Once that is done, you may find the links start to work, but if they don't we can tackle that once Norton is out of the way.

BTW, you don't have MacKeeper, or CleanMyMac or any other "helpers" installed, do you? They aren't needed either and cause more problems than they pretend to solve.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.