Mac Mail Inbox Turned Into A Bunch Of "MailL Attachment.eml" Icons

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Hello All!
I hope this note finds everyone well & enjoying today!

On my MacBook Pro (2007 Using OS X 10.11.6), I have several e-mail addresses, from 3 different mail servers, in Mac Mail. All but one of them are behaving.
Today, instead of the usual list of messages, one of them presents me with several icons that are titled "Mail Attachment.eml". (Screen shot below)
If I doble-click any of them, they are mail messages (not necessarily attachments, such as photos or files).

I searched all the drop-down menu bar items and all over Mail - Preferences and don't see a solution.

Do any of you know what went wonky & how to get the normal list of messages view back?

Thanks For Helping!
Paul

View attachment Inbox Odd View.pdf

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Have you restarted your MBP?

OP
PGB1
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 Mac Book Pro 2.2 Ghz 4 GB RAM SSD OSX 10.11 & 2006 MBP Stuck At 10.6.8
Thanks Bob for taking time to reply.
Sorry for the delayed reply on my part. I haven't gotten the usual e-mail notifications when a reply is posted.
I've restarted a bunch of times since this showed up.

It sure is curious to me.
I suppose if I have to, I can try to forward the messages to myself and see what happens.

Actually Mail is getting quite goofy lately in other respects, too. But I'll post those questions separately if I can't figure them out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.