Mac Keyboard used with PC

Reaction score
Can I use Mac keyboard on a PC computer? Is there anything that I need if the answer is yes? I just love the touch of Mac keyboard.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Which keyboard is this? Windows keyboards have the START button which might get mapped to the CMD button, and the ALT button should map to OPTION.

Nothing inherently preventing it from working if it's USB or Bluetooth.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes I am considering USB connection keyboard. The PC doesn't have bluetooth so it will be USB.
I shall give a try - thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
On my Mac I run Windows 10 through VMWare fusion and when I click on the CMD key, the Start menu pops up, so technically this should just work out of the box that way without you having to do anything special.

OP
K
Reaction score
Yes, similarly I was using my Mac to connect remotely to my work PC which was Dell at that time and the keyboard short cut keys got a bit confusing when using Mac to handle PC workstation recognising CMD as ALT and Ctrl as CMD but this was kind of a reverse situation.. I will give a try later! Thanks

OP
K
Reaction score
The USB keyboard is working very well with PC now - it's just that @ and " are replaced as usual, as well as # and \
Thank you everyone! :) I love Mac keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.