mac keeper

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No...

Do not install MacKeeper on your computer.

Apparently, this is your 1st Mac. Recommend you quit looking for "stuff" to install. This ain't Windows.

About the only thing you may want if you frequent flash websites is FlashPlayer.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
M

MacInWin

No to mac defender, macKeeper, CleanMyMac, basically everything. You don't need antivirus.

You may need Flash, get it from Adobe, no where else.
You may want Onyx, it's free and it's the only cleaning utility we recommend here.
You may want/need adblock, ghostery and adwaremedic to get rid of unwanted popup ads, particularly if you make the mistake of downloading anything from Softonic, Downloads.com or CNET.

M

MacInWin

I say again:

No to mac defender, macKeeper, CleanMyMac, basically everything. You don't need antivirus.

You may need Flash, get it from Adobe, no where else.
You may want Onyx, it's free and it's the only cleaning utility we recommend here.
You may want/need adblock, ghostery and adwaremedic to get rid of unwanted popup ads, particularly if you make the mistake of downloading anything from Softonic, Downloads.com or CNET.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What about tuneupmymac?

What in the world are you searching for?? Instead of naming a bunch of "crap-ware" apps…and asking…"Is this safe…Is this safe…Is this safe?"

Why not just tell us what you are trying to do…and then maybe we can help.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
honestly i have no anti virus and anti security crap have had no issues on my mac ever stop thinking windows windows needs antivirus because of microsoft's shoty code and the malware that exploits it

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Have you been paying attention to anything anyone has advised you? If you're not going to accept advice, we'll close this thread and you can download and install whatever you wish.

OP
stereoscopic
Reaction score
my problem was the ads. I got adblock to solve the problem. I was trying to find info about macs on macworld and macworld has mackeeper ads.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There must be something wrong with my mac. These ads are telling me!

If you're not going to let us know what the problem or goal is (so we can help you). Then I'm going to have to assume that you're trolling…and close the thread.

- Nick

M

MacInWin

my problem was the ads. I got adblock to solve the problem. I was trying to find info about macs on macworld and macworld has mackeeper ads.
Yeah, and you'll occasionally see them here, too. The fact that ads for Mac crapware show up on Mac websites doesn't mean any endorsement from the site, just that the ad agencies who pay for the space run what they can sell in the space. Happens everywhere in the internet these days.

Bottom line. You don't need anything to run OS X. It's not Windows. It doesn't get viruses, doesn't need cleaning (much) and pretty well takes care of itself. Just relax and enjoy your machine. Onyx and Adware pretty much cover everything.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unless you know what you're doing…I would advise only pushing the "automation" button.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If I get Onyx, can I push EVERY button?

You're joking right, or can you not read the ReadMe files or follow directions or use the Help option?

Or are you just trolling and spoofing here??

I'm sensing the latter!! :Not-Amused:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.