Mac for Logic

Reaction score
Hi

I use my Mac mainly for Logic Pro X and photography ( Capture 1, Affinity, Luminar )

I'm not too techie but considering buying a mini for this. It seems to me that the mini is as powerful as most MBP and better than many. Am I wrong about this? Also would a 2020 £.0 GHz 6 core mini be powerful enough to run the above software easily with 16Gb RAM?

Would you suggest another machine for my needs - even a second hand one?

Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The Mac Mini can be a powerful machine if properly configured. But considering that you would need to add a monitor, keyboard, pointing device, etc, I believe for your work an iMac would be a better choice. With an iMac you get a nice retina screen, better graphics, magic keyboard, magic mouse, and if you choose the 27" model, self installed memory additions.

Do some math and see what you come up with comparing both machines.

OP
W
Reaction score
Thank you. I should have mentioned I have a 2012 mini and I have a pretty good screen already. I also have a trackpad and keyboard. The iMac self installed memory is a big bonus I must admit and by the time I specced it our the price difference isn';t enormous. I do have a wariness of all in one boxes though.

Am I right in believing the power of the mini would compare well to the majority of MBPs or certainly the 13" models?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.