Mac Book Pro broken?? HELP!

Reaction score
Hey, so turned on my Macbook Pro yesterday which had been fine in the morning and had this appear:

Photo246.jpg

Any ideas what this might be and how to solve it will be greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
What happened when you restarted as advised?

OP
A
Reaction score
Same thing happens again, will look like its loading up, as in theapple sign appears, but then goes straight to this..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Try booting from your install disc, and repairing disk permissions and repairing disk, and repeating the disk repair a second time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Looks like the graphics card has failed to me... :(

OP
A
Reaction score
It was a graphics card failure. Apparently NVIDIA made a load of bad graphics cards which failed in most PCs and only particular Macs i.e. this one! It's a known issue so the repair work and parts are all done for free :) good news really. Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yep, that's why I gave you that link....
original 1yr warranty extended to 3yrs on that graphics processor :)
If you're lucky, maybe if you ask nicely enough, they will upgrade your Ram or HD for you troubles :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.