Mac 7.5.3 OS Network with Xp

Reaction score
Hello to everyone ! I have an old Mac 7.5.3 OS and i want to make a network with a Pc which has Win XP. I just want to have a share folder . I tried and i cant. Someone told me that there is a program which helps you. Can anyone help me because i burn always cds to tranfer files.
Thanks and sorry to administrators if here is not the apropriete place for my question.

Reaction score
The program you need is on the PC side..so it can translate apple talk. This has to be over a 10/100 ethernet network. I think Novell had one at one time,Do a google.. network macs to pcs...Appletalk to XP..Etc.

Reaction score
The following is dated 2001 so I'm not too sure of it's current relevance.

Last year a large number of users with older Macintosh computers suddenly called Microcomputer Services to complain that their Internet connectivity had stopped working.

Upon further investigation, we found that older Macs running system software prior to 7.6, and using Apple's classic networking called "MacTCP," failed to connect to most Internet sites outside the UO. We later discovered that one of our upstream Internet providers had enabled a feature called "Type of Service," which causes problems for older Macs. Unfortunately, this feature is required for services like voice over IP (using the Internet to make phone calls) and for wide-area traffic shaping.

As time passes, few Internet providers will be able to accommodate older Macs, and Apple does not intend to update the older Macintosh system and networking software. The bottom line is that Mac users must upgrade to System 7.6 or higher to continue interruption-free access to the Internet through the UO--and in the long term, from any provider.

We recommend users with 24Mb or more memory upgrade to MacOS 8.1 or higher, and those with less than 24Mb upgrade to 7.6.1 or higher.

I also dug this up:

Networking Windows XP to Mac OS 8.1

Since people were wondering what program to use to connect XP to older Mac OS's this is my experience on what I used.

Since Windows XP no longer supports the AppleTalk Protocol. I found that the best program to use was PC MacLAN. I first connected both computers via Cat5 cable to a switch. I downloaded the trial version, which you can use for up to 180 minutes. After I installed it and went through the configuration wizard, I used Miramar AppleTalk Network and it recognized the Mac right away. Double clicked on computer icon, prompted for a user name and password and that was it. It makes it very simple as long as you have enabled on your Mac file sharing, TCP/IP, and AppleTalk.

Reaction score
Theres a program called Bonjour for Windows 1.0.3 for XP it finds devices on IP networks.

OP
W
Reaction score
Pulse-8 thenx bro! i think that pc maclan will work. I will try it and tell you. Again Thenx to all of you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.