M5521 OS issues

Reaction score
Hello
Recently I bought 2 iMAC model M5521, both were wiped clean by the school that had them previously. Under advisement from another I bought the OS10.4.8 disc, they will not install, after researching some more I found I may need the OS9 instead.

Also I'll need an apple keyboard and mouse. I wanted to post this here to have some of you tech savvy individuals give me a thumbs up or other helpful advise.

I had heard there was an issue with the mother boards on a certain number of these

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What you purchased is basically called an iMac G3. There were MANY different models…so you need to be more specific what model you have. Some of the earliest models cannot run OS 10.4 (they max out at 10.3.9). If this isn't the issue…then the 10.4 disks you have could be the problem. If they are "gray" colored…forgetaboutit! These are model specific…you would need "real" OS 10.4 retail install disks.

- Nick

C

chas_m

I trust the OP understands that an iMac G3 is somewhere between 12 and 17 years old? There is no practical function to it ... You'd get more use out of it be turning it into an aquarium!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.