LUMIX (Panasonic DMS-TZ36) - will not mount

Reaction score
Although I have an iPhone (wife’s cast-off), I much prefer my old Lumix camera. However, when I tried to transfer some pix today the Lumix did not mount.
I had not used the camera since changing to a new MPB (11.5.2), 2019 model some months ago. I had always used the cable from the Lumix to a USB socket on my old Mac.

Now I get the usual Picture Bridge (PTP) display on the camera and also the one that says ‘PC’. I had always used the former. Then it says ‘Access’ and I see a ‘lightning’ symbol on the camera display. Nothing proceeds beyond this stage. I connected it to the MPB via a small adapter. When I try to connect the Lumix via an Anker hub, it thinks I want to charge and tells me that this is not possible. (The latter I had expected.)

It’s not the end of the world because I can remove the card and plug that into the MPB but I’d prefer to use the cable as in the past.

Can anyone pse suggest a solution?

M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.