Lost disk space

M

mmxx66

Hi, I'm sitting in front of my new PowerMac G4, I'm happy, I've been a PC user since win3.11, this is absolutely new to me, no more viruses :D , althought I'm quite lost. for example my machine has a 80 GB drive but how can I acces to all that disk space, I have only 6Gb available in the hard drive icon in the desktop.
This is my first question, you will see me often here asking more stupid questions like this one
regard mmxx66

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Well I guess you need to look at what you don't need. I bet you have garageband

OP
T

TylerMoney

did you install a whole lot of stuff, and bring over a whole lot of stuff from another computer? Or did you just get your compter, which is supose to be an 80gig, and it says only 6gb availible?

OP
M

mmxx66

Just installed Photoshop and Freehand, but if I go to Disk utility I can see another disk with the rest of the gigas (75GB) , but where is it? I only can see maxdisk in my desktop.

Attachments

• Imagen-2.gif
    Imagen-2.gif
    73.3 KB · Views: 22
OP
V

vuschejan

mmxx66 said:
Just installed Photoshop and Freehand, but if I go to Disk utility I can see another disk with the rest of the gigas (75GB) , but where is it? I only can see maxdisk in my desktop.

Fresh install? :-D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
mmxx66 said:

hola! k pasas?

anyways, i suggest u check finder, not the desktop. In the left side, on the top in finder window, u should see ur computer's name. Click it and it ought to show u the hard drives and other drives in ur computer.

OP
M

mmxx66

vuschejan said:
Fresh install? :-D
Fresh install.
I ´ve found that The disk had 80 Gb capacity but I have only one 10 Gb partition active . how do I mount the other 63 Gb partition, Because I select it, press mount but nothing happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Wierd...
Try selecting the other partitions and then try erasing them and then hit the mount button up at the top.

Maybe they are not formatted correctly (i.e. not Fat32, Hfs+, NTFS)
??

OP
M

mmxx66

I had to delete the partitions , and reinstall the system, and everything is OK now thanks :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.