looking to run Zune on My Macbook but.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Gen Itouch | White MacBook, 2.4ghz, X.6
So, I have an 80gb Zune I got for christmas a year or two back, and I really want to get the Zune software running on My Macbook so I can actually use it.

I have done some research on this before and I kno about Parallels/VMware Fusion and applications like these.

But... I really don't want to spend $80+ since all I'd really be using it for is to update my Zune. I've searched around and only come up with software packages that cost a lot of money

Has ANYONE ever gotten this to work for free?

As an aside, does anyone know why when I plug in my zune headphones to my old 1st gen iTouch sound only comes out one ear? I held up other headphones and the connections are the same length apart etc.

Macbook: White 13in. Snow Leopard 10.6.2, Intel 2.4ghz
Zune: 2nd Gen 80gb

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1st Gen Itouch | White MacBook, 2.4ghz, X.6
I also have an old pc laptop that barely runs with a copy of XP pro on it. I have investigated the option of using Boot camp with this copy since technically I should own that copy of windows right?

Well, apparently not. I guess when you buy a PC you are buying a copy of windows, but only for use on that computer.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your copy of Windows XP can not be used with Boot Camp - it won't work since it's a branded copy for the laptop.

Parallels and Fusion are both around $70 to $80 depending on where you purchase them from. However, Sun Microsystems has a free version called VirtualBox now at version 3.1.2. Why don't you download it and give it a try? It's not as full featured as the other two but it works well. Download from this LINK.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
I would go with virtualbox as well. It's really nice because you have the option of creating a "virtual hard drive". this will make it so you don't create an entirely new partition. If you're using windows just for your zune, I would create a 10GB virtual hard drive. If you need any help on setting up the virtualbox, just PM me and I'll be glad to help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.