Looking for an Reliable All-in-one Printer Scanner

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3.
So I've read where one person says not to buy HP because they are not quick to support OS Upgrades. I have an Epson that bit the ghost. I'm having difficulty even finding a unit that says it plays well with Mac Catalina. I don't use them often enough to even justify spending $100 and prefer ink jets due to being fairly cheap. I'm not married to any brand I'd love something inexpensive with cheap ink but I suspect that's a pipe dream. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
I’ve had good luck with HP, Canon, and now Epson. I’ve had issues with Lexmark, Brother, and a Samsung color laser. They were all All In One’s. I use them with both winOS and macOS.

Sent from my iPad using Mac-Forums

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I currently have an HP all-in-one inkjet - 8720 I think - at work that I like really well. I use it with my Mac Pro and Windows 10 computers with no issues from any updates. I have had good luck with Canon too. I purchased a color laser HP for home. I had too much trouble with the inkjets drying out due to less use. Just my 2 cents.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I don't use them often enough to even justify spending $100

After reading that statement, have you considered using the print/scan services of any such service place that would be close by and handy for you to use???'s

I know of several people who now do that and gave up with the hassles of using their own printer and occasional scanner use.

With that said, a quick scan of the Staples site for AIO Printers shows quite a few options of various models for under $50.00, and that's Canadian dollars!!! :Smirk:

Third-party ink can be really cheap and can work well, and I use such ink in my Canon MX922.

I would sure check on model compatibility for use with mac OS Catalina regardless of brand!!!

- Patrick
======

Last edited:
OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (13”, 2019, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports). 1.4 GHz Into Core i5. 8 GBN 2133 MHz LPPDR3.
Thank you all for all of the replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.