looking for a database app for clients list

Reaction score
hi all
im looking for a database app for ipad. it is to keep a record of piano tunings so would need to be able to hold names, addresses, areas, phone numbers, tuning dates and notes, it would also must be able to display in alphabetical order, area, tuning date, etc. also would like to be able to print off in the relevant orders.

could anyone suggest an app that is able to do this? as there are so many out there.

thank you in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

First, visit the App store and simply search on 'database' - as you know, there are plenty of possibilities and not easy to determine which ones might fill your needs. The two that I've used in the past on my iDevices are Bento (by FileMaker), which has been discontinued and HanDBase which was on my iPod, so have not given the most recent versions a try on my iPads - also take a look at this Bento Alternatives discussion.

There are some nice apps oriented toward collecting certain types of data - I'm using one for my wine cellar and another for our recipes (Paprika) - also keep in mind that Numbers (spreadsheet in Apple's iWork suite) might be a consideration. Good luck - Dave

OP
A
Reaction score
Many thanks Dave
i will have a look at those, all the ones ive looked at so far have been over complicated for what i need

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There are some nice apps oriented toward collecting certain types of data - I'm using one for my wine cellar and another for our recipes (Paprika) - also keep in mind that Numbers (spreadsheet in Apple's iWork suite) might be a consideration. Good luck - Dave

Very good suggestion. I think sometimes we forget that a spreadsheet program (Excel, Numbers) can do a lot of data base like computations and may in fact be easier than a data base program. Both Excel and Numbers have pre-designed templates available which could make your task even easier. If you own a new Mac, Numbers will be free along with Pages and Keynote.

Reaction score
I've been through this. Have a look at Tap Forms. I settled on it for my routine personal databases in iOS and OS X. Spreadsheets work for some things but a real DB app is handier for others.

C

chas_m

Sounds to me like what the OP actually wants is a CRM like Ntractive or Relationships, etc.

Very much like what Bento offered had FM not stupidly killed it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacsOSX13.6.4;10.13.6;iPhone SE2 17.3.1;SE1 15.8;iPadMini15.8;iPadAir 2 15.8
Yes of course Numbers or Open Office Calc would do. If you're looking for a really simple solution Contacts has a facility to retain all of the details you mention. You could have a Piano Tuners Group so that you could automatically e-mail them. The latest Mail app enables you to take out any addressees you want to exclude.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.