Logitech C920s audio not being recognized

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Studio, 32gb RAM, BenQ 270C Monitor, OS X 14.1.2
The BenQ monitor atached to my Studio does not have a camera or mic, so I bought a Logitech C920s webcam for Zoom sessions. The camera and mic functions work fine but the Studio does not recognize either the C920s or the BenQ speakers. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. In the OS Preferences/Sound section the C920s is not listed. The BenQ's speakers are listed. I do not get sound out of either.
2. In the Audio section of the Zoom preferences, the C920s is not listed but the BenQ speakers are.
3. In the Video section of the Zoom preferences the C920s is listed and the Zoom video works ok. So the Mac Studio does see the C920s, at least for video.
4. Even though Zoom sees the BenQ speakers, when I use the Zoom test function, the "sound bar" shows that it is hearing sound (so the mic works) but no sound comes out of the BenQ (or C920s) speakers.
5. I've opened the Mac OS Audio MIDI Setup window. Both the C920s and the BenQ are listed, with the following info:
C920s - 2 ins / 0 outs At the far right there is a mic icon but not a speaker icon.
BenQ - 0 ins / 2 outs, At the far right there is a speaker icon but with a ! symbol.

It seems to me that this is a Mac issue since neither the C920s or the BenQ speakers are producing sound. If anyone has a clue what is going on and how to fix it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
How are you connecting the BenQ monitor to the Studio?

Do you have another computer to try the webcam on to ensure that it's working OK?

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I tried the webcam on my wife's M1 chip MacBook with the same result. The laptop sees the mic part of the unit but not the output/speaker part.

The BenQ is connected to my Studio via a HDMI cable.

Thanks for your reply.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Are the speakers built in to the BenQ? Maybe try another cable?

As for the Logitech,

It's not compatible.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks. I had seen that page but it seems to me that the FAQ is aimed at Windows usage. There are no drivers on the Logitech site for OS drivers, only for Windows. I read somewhere that for the Mac the webcam is plug and play.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
Yes, for Mac, but not for M1 Mac AND not for Monterey. It seems like an older (updated) model.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.