Logins and passwords locked away from me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini 500GB i7
Hello,
Could someone be so kind as to offer me some guidance in viewing my logins and passwords?

In researching before asking, I think I read that the passwords are in a folder (or file) named key.db, and the logins in a folder (or file) named logins.json, both of which are found in the hidden folder named "Libraries" as follows:
Open Finder, go to top taskbar menu to the item "Go," while holding down the "Option" key click "Go" ; a menu will drop down that contains the link to "Libraries." Click "Libraries," and the two folders--key.db and logins.json--will be among the folders listed.

Please excuse me if I have misspelled the two folder (or file) names. The big mystery at this point is "How do I get key.db and logins.json open?" I've searched and searched but have yet to find the program that can open .db or .json files.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.