login keychain

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2021iMac M1Ventura;2019 iMac 21.5 Ventura;2017MB 12"Mojave, 2iPhone12, AW2 + AW6
Hello all,
I was trying to unload everything personal from an oldish (vintage 2007?) iMac running OSX 10.4.1 (Tiger). After successfully transferring personal files, I figured I should clear the passwords from the login keychain. Inadvertently I deleted the whole category "login keychain" which, I believe, has other items beyond internet passwords. Can't find anything resembling these in Trash, of course. No, no backup :(. Subsequently, I could no longer connect to the internet (connected to my network but not to internet). I then copied the login.keychain file from my silver MacBook (vintage 2011?) running Snow Leopard onto the old iMac - it worked! But it asked me my password, I gave the password for the MacBook, and that worked. So now the question: do I have two passwords on the old iMac, one for admin and the other for internet? Should I change the admin password or the other one?
Thanks

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.