logicboard failure?

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just signed up on this forum to require information about a problem that I have with my powermac.
Sometimes my powermac g5 dual 2ghz doesn't want to start up. Sometimes it doesn't even play the start sound, or sometimes it plays the startsound but the usb devices like my optical mouse don't go on, that's how I recognize that it will not do a full boot.
By trying it a couple of times inventually it does a full boot. I did a hardware test and it doesnt give a failure.
I went to a dealer and they adviced me to buy a new macpro and I did. But I want to know what can be wrong with my machine. The apple dealer simply said that nothing was good anymore on the powermac. So they did'nt provide me with an straight answer.

thank you for thinkin with me

Bowie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
That was incredibly nice of them, getting you to buy a new Mac! How generous :p
Anyway, yes it could well be the logic board, but have you run Disk Utility from your install disc, and verified permissions and repaired the drive?
That would always be my first course of action.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.