Locating Storage Space

Reaction score
I am using an iMac OS X 10.6.8, and would like to check my storage space. I have opened "About the Mac" have clicked on "More Information" but can find nothing under the menu that says "Storage". This is what it says in other answers to do, to find it. Where do I locate my storage information?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
A1286 MBP5,3 running 10.9.5, iphone6, Mac mini1,1 A1176 120/2gb
if I remember right, right click the macintosh HD on your desktop and select "Get info." This should give you the amount of free space left.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Click to select the appropriate hard drive icon and do Get Info or right-click to see the option and details.
Or open the hard drive window and if the view to show "Status Bar" is enabled, the available space will be shown at the bottom.

If not enabled, set Finder Preferences to show Hard disks. Then it/they will show and mount on your Desktop.

OP
E
Reaction score
I clicked on my hard drive icon, then went to the Finder, and under File, I clicked on "Quick Look at Macintosh HD". Up came HD Volume, 999.86 GB, 799.48 Free. I guess this is what I was looking for. Thanks for the Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Well, that's another way but the info is quite limited compared to using Get Info, and for next time you want to use Quick look, just click to select and hit the Space bar. Useful for all kinds of things. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.