Lightscribe?

Reaction score
Hi, I just got a new mac book and I was wondering if my standard MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-857D Hard drive will support Lightscribe technology. Don't know much about lightscribe, but it seems kinda cool, so I am wondering if we can do that with the mac book.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Reaction score
You will need an external DVD writer, connected via USB. Also you'll need a drive that has software to support Macs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro - iPhone
looks like it! I've been wondering about lightscribe. seems quite cool.

Reaction score
I have Lightscribe on 2 of my burners - I find it slow (about 30 mins), limited graphics and the media is more expensive.

I prefer using my Canon IP4200 printer which can print on suitable media in under 2 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I have Lightscribe on 2 of my burners - I find it slow (about 30 mins), limited graphics and the media is more expensive.

I prefer using my Canon IP4200 printer which can print on suitable media in under 2 minutes.

I have an extrernal lightscribe Samsung burner at work. works fine, but what Rambaud said above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.